Last Updated on
Our August income report blog post is late for a few reasons. The first thing is because it’s too time-consuming to create them. But we wanted to stick with you to help motivate you. The second thing is due to the hurricanes we had, some of our affiliate payouts were slightly late and we wanted to ensure we got everything before reporting. Now let’s get to the juicy details.
If you are thinking of starting your own blog, or maybe you already have one we created a detailed blog on how to create or turn your blog into a money-making machine. Yes, we did! You can get the full scope on starting your own profitable blog right here!
Our overall monthly income goal is to make approximately $5000 per month from our blog. We are slowly working towards that goal! If you want to know how we plan to make $5000 per month, read this blog.
Past Income report blog posts below:
July: Income report blog
June: Income report blog
January: Income report blog
November– Income report blog
December: Income report blog
If you are looking for different ways to make money from your blog, we wrote this amazing blog on the ,Side Hustles that will make you an extra $1000 from home, 7 things you can do to boost your blog income and 25 Ways to Make Money Online and grow your monthly income.
DETAILED AUGUST BLOG INCOME REPORT
As always, we want to let our readers and followers know that blogging is not as easy as it looks. A lot of effort, planning, and learning goes into this. We are treating this blog as a business blog and this means we work full-time on it. Lot’s of planning, promoting, learning and mistakes make up for our blogging journey. We are determined to make it work and help you along the way because as much as many bloggers make money online, we want to ensure that you can do it as well.
INCOME AND BLOG GOALS:
We typically set goals that we need to achieve monthly. This makes it easy to work towards something and it keeps us accountable. We are so happy to see how our blog traffic continuously increases thanks to this Pinterest strategy and our Facebook Traffic Booster.
You might also like: 7 Totally affordable eBooks guaranteed to boost your blog traffic
So what did I achieve in July to be able to make money online:
- Blog post – 14 Blogs were published (4 of those were from our guest bloggers) – double from last month
- Email subscribers – I increased my email list from 1668 to 1903– We want to get to 2500
- Blog Pageviews- 29, 224 -The Pinterest strategy that we are using.
SOCIAL MEDIA STATS FOR LADIES MAKE MONEY ONLINE
Instagram – 270 followers – Last checking we had 259- Winnish – I got to work on this.
Pinterest – 5,291 followers – Last checking we had 4,473 followers–WIN
Twitter – 910 Followers – Last checking we had 663 followers – WIN
I am really happy with my Pinterest followers. According to Carly who went from zero to 200 K page views per month, it’s not about the followers, but the pinning strategies you use which makes up for a great Pinterest plan. This is the best investment I have made to date. I still want to have about 10, 000 followers, by the end of this year!
My Facebook group is another big one! I am hoping to also get about 10,000 amazing women who are focusing on growing and helping each other. I did get rid of a lot of people that were purely self-promoting! This means my account will take a little longer to grow as I am really picky about those that join. If you are not yet part of our- Facebook Group, don’t forget to join us. It’s a great community to share and grow your biz!
I did decide that I really wanted to grow my Facebook page and reach. I am now getting some traffic from my Facebook page thanks to an amazing strategy I am using. I am on a mission to grow my page to over 100, 000 likes. These will be targeted likes that will likely increase my page views. My full strategy is thanks to Brittany Ann from Equipped Godly!
Our goal was to get featured on two blogs per month. Because we are going in a different direction with our blog, we are putting this on hold. However, we are accepting guest blog posts on our site. If you would like to submit a post check out this page: Guest Posting!
Most popular blog post published this month:
BLOGGERS MAKE MONEY ONLINE: BREAKDOWN OF AUGUST INCOME REPORT BLOG:
- Grow your Blog traffic with Facebook – $450.00
- Make your next $1000 in the next 45-60 Days – $60.00
- How to get 1000 email subscribers in just 30 days– $0.00
- Tailwind – $225.00
- Ultimate Bundle– $8.20
- Linqia -$25.00
- How to make your first Affiliate sale in 24 hours with Pinterest– $60.00
- Pinterest Strategies (From zero to 200K Pageviews) – $133.78
- ConvertKit – $43.50
- ShareAsale – $73.22
- Maven X – $107.97
- Blog Traffic – $0.00
- Surveys– $52.15
- Awin– $33.50 (I recently joined this and I am promoting Fiverr (Global). They charge you $5.00 to join and then refund you the money. They want to ensure you are legit).
- Media.Net– $34.31
- Coaching Services – $0.00
Total Income: $1, 306.63
I really do believe that it is possible for bloggers to make money online. Are you monetizing your blog? If not find out how to do it with this post:
- Boardboaster – $20.00 (I might have to upgrade soon).
- Canva- $0.00
- Siteground – $0.00 – Paid up front for a year
- Tailwind – $0.00 (Because of my referral, I keep getting a credit on this!)
- DPD Portal – $10.00
- Lead Pages– $25.00 (Best tool for growing your email list).
- Facebook Strategies worth sharing – $20.00
- Pintellegent – 29 Pounds ($48.91)
Total Expenses – $123.91
Total Blog Income = $1, 182.72
I am really impressed with our August Income report blog strategy. A lot of this is thanks to Affiliate Marketing and I am so glad I purchased Michelle’s course- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing and How to make your first Affiliate Sale in 24 hours with House of Brazen! I truly believe in investing in myself in order to get the results that I am getting. Otherwise, I would still be struggling!
WHAT WORKED AND WHAT DIDN’T?
Let’s first focus on what did not work:
- My content calendar was a mess. Although I planned out my blog post, I felt pressed for time. I will revise this for next time.
- I didn’t focus too much on my email list. My goal is to get it to 2500 and I barely promoted this. Big fail on my part.
So what worked for our blog
- I hired a VA to help out with a few tasks that are just too time-consuming. So far, so good.
- I created a FREE course to help boost blog traffic with Facebook. You can join here!
- After redoing my book – Facebook Traffic Booster, I got a lot of great interaction from it. You can get the new eBook here!
- I am still accepting more guest blogs on my site as a way of connecting with other bloggers. This is one venture that will continue to be my main project. If you want to guest blog, contact us ([email protected]).
- I continued with my efforts to go through older posts to update them, tweak some images and add affiliate links. This strategy alone increased my blog traffic last month. I am doing one update a week and I am pleased with the results. Every update I do, I promote it using Carly’s Pinterest method and I am getting a lot better results.
- I created a female entrepreneurship shop for bloggers and I love it. Please contact us if you would like to be featured.
- I invested in more books to help us continue to grow on our journey.
- Affiliate marketing is definitely growing for me and I am so happy with the results I am getting. I am so thankful I took the course because at the beginning of last year, I tried out the affiliate thing with my other blog and I got zero sales. Now I am getting over $500 with it!
SEPTEMBER BLOG GOALS:
- I will continue to accept more guest blogging opportunities. I want my site to be the go to place for bloggers to get information and grow their businesses. The more people I can get on my site the better value I can give everyone.
- Blog 2 times a week instead of 3 times a week – Monday and Wednesday – I will continue with this until I hit my blog traffic goal of 100K.
- Batch up all my blogs, spend Sunday and Tuesday writing out blogs. The goal is to have one month worth of blogs up front and written out.
- Promote more in my Facebook group – Twice a week! In the next few months, I will make opportunities for other bloggers to be seen more on my Facebook group! Stay tuned. This will help you with your blog traffic.
- Pre-write all my newsletters at least one week in advance
- Increase my Facebook group to 3000 members, Pinterest to 5500, Twitter to 1000, Instagram to 500, Facebook page to 1500.
- Get my subscribers up to 2500 for my email list
- Income goal to be increased to $1700 – If you want to learn how to make money from your blog, sign up for our FREE course here!
I always suggest setting up realistic goals for your blog in order to be successful! What goals do you have set for your business? Do you have income report blog posts that you share with your readers? Tell us in the comments below.
WANT A LIST OF RESOURCES THAT HELP ME GROW MY BLOG EVERY DAY? CHECK OUT MY NEW SHOP HERE: ENTREPRENEURS SHOP
If you enjoyed our blog we would like to have you join our email list and receive weekly money-making tips, you can join now! Don’t forget to join our Private Facebook page. The page is created to share your work, pitch your services and learn from other experienced bloggers!
***We would like to note that this post and most posts on our blog may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something that has an affiliate link, we will get a commission from it. Not all items recommended on our site are affiliate links. We only recommend items that we have used and tried. These items have brought us much success and we highly recommend them to you in order to be successful. Thank you for your trust!