Last Updated on October 13, 2020 by NandiNN
Unique Blog Ideas
If you are feeling stuck and are looking for blog post ideas to keep your blog fresh with great topics, this post is for you!
We are happy to have guest blogger Jenn Pereira, Co-Founder of EasyBlog Themes, and she will be sharing with us amazing blog post ideas to help kick your writer’s block to the curb.
There is nothing worse than sitting in front of your laptop, attempting to write a new blog post with nothing but a blank screen staring right back at you.
We all have those days where inspiration just doesn’t strike and we can’t come up with a single workable post idea.
Or maybe you’re in a rush and you need something quick you can write and publish to stick to your blogging schedule and keep your readers happy.
You don’t want to spend a bunch of time trying to come up with something to write about.
Thankfully, Jenn came up with 20 amazing blog post ideas to keep you and your readers inspired.
As a new blogger, coming up with unique and interesting blog post ideas that your readers may want to read can be tricky.
When an idea comes to mind, we normally use a blog planner like these ones to keep track of potential blog posts content.
If you are looking for blog post ideas for beginners to help get your blog traffic, definitely grab this planner to help you better brainstorm!
For example, when I was writing a valentine’s day post, I came up with over 100 Valentine’s Day blog post ideas that you can read here!
So how do I choose a topic for my blog?
Before we get started on the blog post ideas for beginners, we would love for you to like our growing Facebook page right here! Be sure to follow us on Instagram here.
We also wanted to take the opportunity to let you know that we use Affiliate links on some of our blog posts. This means that we could make a commission if you click on an affiliate link and purchase something. Read our full disclosure and blog policy for more information.
Best blogging topics for beginners
First of all, if you do not already have a blog, consider starting one today for as low as $3.95 per month Siteground.
I have had so much amazing success in running and maintain multiple blogs.
I started my blog in the hopes of earning a bit of money each month and I am so proud to say that my little blog brings in over $5, 000 every single month.
If you are curious to see how I do that, I documented my journey of how to make 5000 a month from home with a small blog that you can read up on.
This alone has opened up so many amazing opportunities for me.
Go here to get started building a blog that makes money every month!
Feel free to join this FREE 7-day e-mail course here where I share my personal experience and teach beginners how to start a profitable blog all from scratch.
Now that you have a blog, how can you come up with blogging topics for beginners that you can easily monetize?
I highly recommend having a nice list of blog post ideas ready to use whenever you do decide to sit down to blog.
And that’s what we will be working on today.
We will walk you through a simple little brainstorming exercise that will result in dozens of blog posts ideas you can use over the coming weeks and months, or whenever you need a little extra inspiration.
If you are looking for blogging topics for beginners, we have a few ideas below!
How To Become A Professional Blogger 30 Day Challenge
If you are reading this post, you may be part of our 30-day blogging challenge inspired to help you become a better blogger and to grow your business.
This is the second edition of the blog challenge designed to help you brainstorm blog post ideas!
Staring at the monitor for a few minutes without writing anything is a sure sign of a dry spell on your writing.
This is called a “writer’s block” where you run out of blog post ideas for your site.
This happens to most bloggers, almost all the time.
Identifying unique blog topics is a huge task not only because you have to have quality-written pieces but you have to be consistent.
The trouble, most of the time, lies in thinking what to blog about next.
Instead of asking “what else can I write?”, why don’t you ask: “What do my readers want to read next?” and “what topics can help my readers?”
With these questions in mind, let’s explore how you can adjust your focus in writing using these unique blog post ideas.
Don’t forget to sign up for our 30-day blog challenge right here.
Blog Post Ideas for Beginners
Grab a notebook and pen, and let’s start brainstorming a whole list of future blog posts.
I prefer to do this part of the exercise with pen and paper, but if that’s not your thing, by all means, use a word document, spreadsheet or whatever program you prefer for brainstorming topic ideas.
Before we can talk about blog post ideas you can create, you need to think about your ultimate goal.
You want to create content so good, that your readers will stay longer on your blog as well as get them to come back frequently.
Think about your favourite blogger, why do you keep going back?
In order to come up with creative blog post ideas that can and should increase your traffic, you need to dig deeper.
This involves going into your Google Analytics and finding out what is popular.
And if you are a beginner blogger with barely any content, find unique blog topics by looking at what your competition is blogging about.
Join Facebook groups for bloggers and check out what people are asking.
Round up the popular topics best on your research and create epic content around this.
You can also create polls in groups to ask people what they want to read.
Neil Patel wrote an amazing article on how to never run out of blog post ideas that you might just want to check out.
4 Tips for coming up with blog post ideas for beginners:
1. Log Into Your Blog and Make a List of Your Categories
Start by making a list of all the categories on your blog.
You may have a pretty good idea of the main ones or the ones you use more often, but there may be some you may be forgetting.
Log into your blogging platform and look up all the different categories you have set up.
Copy them down in your notebook or blog planner, leaving at least 10 lines of space below each category.
2. Come Up With At Least 10 Blog Post Ideas Per Category
Now that you have your list of categories, come up with 10 blog post ideas for each category.
Don’t overthink or cut yourself short, just write down the first things that come to mind and you can switch it up later.
Remember you are in the brainstorming mode.
The idea is to generate blogging topics and ideas that you will later use.
You’re free to tweak, edit, and completely remove them from the list later. For now, get them on paper and come up with a long list of potential post ideas.
Check these out these blog ideas for beginners:
3. Tools to help with Blog Topics
You can use tools like Pinterest, Coschedule, Ubbersuggest to come up with killer blog post topics that will attract massive readers to your blog.
By using a blog plan strategy, you can have a huge list of blog topics that you can use every time you sit to write.
You can also go as far as repurposing existing content into different formats or expanding on the topic.
This is your starting point.
If you really want to drive massive traffic to your blog, you need to take a look at your Google Analytics and study the top 10 blog posts you have.
From here, you can create more blog post topics that are similar to what is already doing well for you.
This strategy alone is responsible for bringing me massive blog traffic.
I documented the full strategy in my Blog Traffic Simplified Guide that you can grab right now.
I also use Buzzsumo to find blog post ideas especially if I am completely stuck.
4. Rinse and Repeat As Needed
One of the best things about this technique is that you can repeat it whenever you need a new batch of blog post ideas.
By the time you get back to this brainstorming technique (which means you’ve used up all the previous ideas), it will be easy to come up with fresh blog post topics for each category.
And since you’re focusing on coming up with ideas for each category, no area of your blog will be neglected over the coming weeks.
Give it a try and see if this simple idea doesn’t help you generate a long list of future blog post topics.
More Ways to Come Up With Blog Post Ideas:
Take a Peek in the Mind of an Ideal Audience and be inspired to write content that the readers will actually like to read.
- Read the comments section as readers mostly leave questions that you can answer in a form of a new blog post. If your blog doesn’t have a lot of comments, you may check on other blogs with similar topics as yours and see what its readers are asking about and add them to your blog post ideas.
- Identify the personal objectives of an ideal audience so you can consider writing posts that can help them succeed in their endeavours. ‘How to posts’ articles are highly recommended for this purpose.
- Think about the struggles that your readers may be experiencing and offer content that can be useful for overcoming those.
- Deliver genuine advice for every buying/review guide. Base everything on personal experiences with a product.
- Offer sound guidance in making choices. More than reviewing something and giving pros and cons about it, write content about guidelines on how a person should choose between products.
- Tell the readers how they can make mistakes by warning them through posts that outline the biggest mistakes they can do when doing something.
- Help the readers through their struggles by sharing how you have the same weaknesses and failures and the things you did to overcome them in your blog topics.
Aim for Authoritative Blog Posts and always be curious in your industry. Ignite your interest with these tips.
- Do not be afraid to share in your blog topics a strong opinion on matters that are currently discussed within your industry.
- Share your thoughts on the current trends or make predictions on what will trend next. You may interview experts about your blog post ideas to make your post legit.
- Aim to write an epic guide. Make time to write a detailed post that will be appreciated by the readers.
- Research to create an ultimate list of resources that you can use to have fresh blog post ideas and that can also be of use to your readers.
- Consider a podcast with an expert. Prepare a list of smart topics to discuss and be bold in asking insightful questions.
- Try to have an authority contribute a guest post or workaround having collaboration for some of your blog post ideas.
- Debunk a myth. Exposing how wrong certain topics are should spark debate. Prove your point by making a strong case on your post.
- Make an occasional rant. It is okay to vent out on your blog but be sure not to post it right away. Read your post and edit once you have cooled down so you can avoid regrets.
- Use quotes that inspire you but always credit the original source.
Revive Old Issues Using Metaphors as New Perspectives
Metaphors are great in getting creative with your blog post ideas. The analogy may sound off at first but it naturally sounds right after a deep thought.
Here are tips to make the audience catch your drift:
- Use sports terminologies in making your point. There are a lot of scenarios in sports that you can apply in your writing especially when giving advice. Explore the rules and how following them helps a team to succeed and how ignoring rules often lead to failure.
- Use cooking metaphors. Whether you know how to cook or not, the audience will most likely be able to relate to you when you talk about cooking methods, recipes, experiences, and other stuff. Relate your blog post ideas to cooking ideas and you will have new topics to talk about on your blog that will sound interesting.
- Use personal lessons you have learned from your own experiences. Relating personal lessons to your professional self can be very relatable. The audience will not only able to identify themselves in the same situations, they will also learn from you and will develop their own perspectives. In a way, this helps you too as the audience begins to empathize and become more connected and engaged with your posts.
- Add a little touch of humour to make the mood light. Readers will find it a joy to read seemingly important topics that are not too heavy on the mind. Using funny metaphors injects a certain appeal as long as you stay on topic.
Having a steady stream of blog post ideas is almost impossible.
However, one thing you can do to ensure that you keep the audience interested is by remaining curious about everything.
Continue to search for blog post ideas that you know will benefit the audience. Read comments and value every question that they ask.
It is by knowing what the audience wants that will push you to write if you will do your best to answer their questions.
Another way to make blog ideas interesting is by aiming to establish yourself as an authority.
Do not be afraid to be authoritative in citing your views. However, do it with grace.
Argue nicely and always support your claims with facts.
Kill writer’s block with these tips and you will never have to chase for blog post ideas ever again.
And there you have it, our best tips for getting blog post ideas for beginners!
Don’t forget to join our 30 Day Blogging Challenge if you have done so yet!
Have you experienced writer’s block or have a certain moment that you are lost track of your blog and don’t have any new ideas to write about? What are your ways of finding inspiration for your next blog post? Tell us your story by commenting below.
Jenn Pereira is Co-Founder of EasyBlog Themes, an innovative digital marketplace for high-end WordPress blog themes and plugins to help bloggers improve and grow their websites or blogs. As an experienced web designer and online marketing strategist, she loves writing to share her ideas to motivate and inspire bloggers to succeed in their blogging journey.
We hope you enjoyed this amazing guest post and be sure to share it!
Don’t forget to pin this post here to your Business ideas blog board.
If you loved our blog post ideas article, then be sure to check out other amazing Blogging tips right here.
If you enjoyed our blog we would like to have you join our email list and receive weekly money-making tips, you can join now! Don’t forget to join our Private Facebook page. The page is created to share your work, pitch your services and learn from other experienced bloggers!
***We would like to note that this post and most posts on our blog may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something that has an affiliate link, we will get a commission from it. Not all items recommended on our site are affiliate links. We only recommend items that we have used and tried. These items have brought us much success and we highly recommend them to you in order to be successful. Thank you for your trust!