Are you looking for different ways in which you can promote your blog online? If you are one of those bloggers that expect your blog to get found just because you hit the publish button, then think again. They are billions of other blogs out there in the universe, so don’t expect yours to be the one everyone comes running too. I personally do not even check out my favorite celebrity pages unless I remember to do so or I get some sort of notification. In order for people to find you, you need to put the effort into marketing and promoting your blog constantly. So where can you promote your blog after you hit publish?
Before we get started, we would love for you to join our growing Facebook group right here! You can also join our Pinterest group by scrolling to the bottom of this page! We have a few paid and free products to grow your blog available right here!
PS: You want to know more about going from zero to 200 thousand page views? Read more about an amazing Pinterest strategy here!
They are so many simple and easy ways for you to go about promoting your blog. We will show you 10 places you can use to promote your blog after you hit that publish button and we do this every time our blog goes live. These are fantastic ways to get your work discovered, get more comments, shares, email subscribers and potential sales.
10 PLACES TO PROMOTE YOUR BLOG AFTER YOU HIT THE PUBLISH BUTTON
EMAIL YOUR SUBSCRIBERS VIA YOU NEWSLETTER
- If you are collecting emails on your blog, via FREEBIES, webinars or collaboration then good for you. You are on the right track for success! Part of your marketing efforts could be to send out your most popular blog of the month. This is the best way to let your readers know about your latest blog post and this encourages them to check it out and potentially share it and leave a meaningful comment. I send out a weekly newsletter to my subscribers and with this I typically do a round up of the top blogs that I include as part of my email. Please note: Don’t only send your clients links to your latest blog, but also give valuable information otherwise your unsubscribe rate will be high. The more email subscribers you have, the more views you will get. It is the easiest way to promote your blog. Get more email subscribers with our e-guide!
SHARE YOUR BLOG WITH BLOGGERS YOU MENTION IN YOUR BLOG
- Share your work with people you mention on your blog – If you mentioned a few bloggers on your latest blog, don’t forget to email them with a link to the blog. This will encourage them to share it with their followers and email subscribers. You can also simply ask them to share it. This is the best way to get more views on your blog. Check out this blog that I shared with some great bloggers. They took the time to share it and I got a lot more views. Another easy way to promote your blog. Take it a step further by tagging them on social media with the post.
You might also like: 5 Types of blog posts that will drive traffic to your blog
- Facebook groups – Speaking of groups, Facebook groups are the new thing. Some groups offer you the opportunity to share you latest posts with their readers. Take this opportunity to get more eyes on your work. Not sure how to make Facebook groups work for you? Read this – How to use Facebook Groups for Business to grow your Blog!
You might also like: How to get 30 Thousand page views from Facebook
- This is the best way to get more traffic to your site as well as to expand your reach on who sees your work. Every blog I write is automatically shared on Pinterest. One of my board is exclusively dedicated to pins from my website and blog. If you want to know more about how to use this social platform to get more traffic, then read this amazing blog!
- Pinterest Groups – This is the best way to really get more eyes on your work. Ensure you join groups that are relevant to your niche and post your blog posts on there at least twice a day (don’t post the same graphic over and over again. You can create multiple graphics for the same post). You don’t want to look like you are spamming. Follow me and the group on Pinterest to get accepted to this group (send an email to [email protected] with your URL) and start promoting your blog. The board group name is “Promote your blog”.
You might also like: A list of 50 Pinterest groups to join now
COMMENTING ON OTHER BLOGS
- The best way to go about this one is to comment on blogs that are relevant to your niche. If someone asks a question, respond genuinely and ensure you are leaving something with a few sentences. Then attach a link to go with your argument or point of view. Do not spam otherwise your comment will be blocked or deleted. I have received page views just from doing this. Commenting on 30 blogs per week will increase your views and potentially earn you new subscribers.
Want to run ads on your site to earn money: Use Media.net. Best ad company, especially for new bloggers.
- I mentioned Facebook groups and Pinterest as the main sources that I use to promote my blog. These are the two that I consider extremely important and I don’t always view them as social media instead as a marketing tool. Share your work on other social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram (put the link in the bio and a graphic directing readers to the bio) and Facebook pages for business. If you want to be known and seen, you better get social. Remember social is interacting, don’t drop link and disappear! When possible, you can also share your latest blog on your personal Facebook profile (after all, how many friends do you have?) .
- I would highly recommend you get a Google Plus page for your blog. This is a page that is part of Google products and we all know how awesome Google is. Since I started posting on my Google Page, I saw a jump in traffic according to my Google Analytics. My blogs were showing up a lot sooner on Google searches. Be sure to give it a try. Google also has a community section. Find bloggers in your niche and share your work in the community section. It’s like a Facebook group but for Google.
72 Amazing ways to Internet profit: Get it here
- I joined livinvia about 6 months ago and I love it. When you post your latest blog, they share it for you on social media (Twitter and Facebook groups.) According to my Google analytics, this site helps me with traffic. It is not a lot, but a little goes a long way. Sign up for it for Free!
SUBMIT YOUR WEBSITE TO SOCIAL BOOKMARKING SITES
- Submit your website to these Social Bookmarking sites for more views (BizSugar, Digg, Scoop.it, StumbleUpon DoSplash, Delicious, Flipboard, and Inbound.) These are the ones I use. I am sure they are few more others out there. It can be time-consuming but might help you in the long run. That’s why most bloggers suggest writing one great article per week and spend the rest of the week doing promos, newsletters, creating graphics, planning content and monetizing your blog. Do what works for you.
Did we forget anything else? If you have some great places on where you share your blog to help with traffic, please let us know. We have an amazing course you can take here which will help explode your traffic!
You might also like the following blogs:
If you are a new blogger or just a blogger struggling with Blog traffic, see how we are using Facebook for Business to increase our blog traffic and income.
If you enjoyed our blog we would like to have you join our email list and receive weekly money-making tips, you can join now! Don’t forget to join our Private Facebook page. The page is created to share your work, pitch your services and learn from other experienced bloggers!
***We would like to note that this post and most posts on our blog may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something that has an affiliate link, we will get a commission from it. Not all items recommended on our site are affiliate links. We only recommend items that we have used and tried. These items have brought us much success and we highly recommend them to you in order to be successful. Thank you for your trust!