Last Updated on March 24, 2020 by admin
Make Money With Dropshipping
Can you really make money with dropshipping and Shopify?
You’ve achieved blogging success through great content and an engaged readership.
You’re making some money.
Things are going well. But what next?
How can you take your blogging prowess one step further and make it (even more) profitable?
Honestly they are so many amazing ways to make money with a blog, but really diversifying where your money comes from is the real key to blogging success.
Dropshipping is the perfect addition to your blogging business and brand.
It’s easy, affordable, and has a low barrier to entry.
Use it to source and sell awesome products to your audience.
Add in Facebook to the drop shipping mix — a popular social shopping channel with great audience targeting and a proven eCommerce revenue model — and you’ve got a match made in blogging and retail heaven.
But how can bloggers use the two to start making real money from their blog?
With the high success of dropshipping, I can only suggest that you add this to your blog monetizing strategies as soon as you can.
If you are good with Affiliate Marketing, dropshipping should be extremely easy for you.
But can you make money dropshipping?
But before we get started on tips to make money with Dropshipping, we would love for you to join our growing Facebook group right here! Be sure to give us a quick follow on Instagram as well!
We also wanted to take the opportunity to let you know that we use Affiliate links on some of our blog posts. This means that we could make a commission if you click on an affiliate link and purchase something. Please check out our full disclaimer and policy page here.
What is dropshipping?
Drop shipping is a method of order fulfillment through which products are sourced and packaged by a third-party supplier.
The store takes orders for the product and then passes them onto the third-party supplier.
The supplier then coordinates order fulfillment, packing and sending the product out to the customer.
The store owner never sees or handles the product unless they order it themselves.
Much of a drop shipping business’s time is spent marketing the store, creating an email, social, and other ad campaigns to promote the business.
A drop shipping business has low overheads, straightforward logistics, and a low barrier to entry.
And as orders are fulfilled by a third-party, you don’t need to worry about over-ordering stock. Products are shipped on an ad hoc basis, safeguarding against the wasted stock.
As a result, it’s an attractive prospect for entrepreneurs wishing to start a business with ease.
Of course, dropshipping is not as easy as it sounds. In fact, I once asked myself “Can I make money dropshipping?”
But as a blogger, you’ve already got a strong brand behind you. And your solid following online gives you a ready made customer base to sell to.
Its accessibility makes it highly competitive, and there’s a strong focus on building a brand to make your store stand out.
If you are ready to make money with dropshipping keep reading!
An example of a drop shipping store
For an example of a successful dropshipping business, let’s look at Bali Babe Swim.
Built using an Oberlo-integrated Shopify store builder, the business sells beautiful swimwear — and the founder, Ryan, has been vocal about his success with Facebook advertising (just switching to video ads allowed him to make $10,000 from his first campaign).
His store has a strong brand and its products are highly niche (more on that later), and it sees regular income every month as a result.
His focused approach and swimwear specialism helps his dropshipping business build up more brand equity.
See how he’s mixed up his product imagery with real customers and models that people can relate to — many dropshipping stores and businesses rely too heavily on generic product imagery that does nothing to actually ‘sell’ the product.
Another amazing blogger was able to make over $2 Million a year with a Shopify Online store.
Recommended reading: 9 Steps To Turn Your Hobby Into A Money Making Side Hustle
With all of this in mind, we went on a hunt to answer some of the most frequently asked questions about making money dropshipping such as:
Can I really make money with dropshipping?
How much can I make from dropshipping?
Can you make money dropshipping in 2020?
How quickly can you make money dropshipping?
How much do dropshippers make on average?
This just goes to show that most of you are really interested in the dropshipping side hustle.
The secret to succeeding with dropshipping is to find amazing products that your audience will absolutely love.
Find the products you want to sell
You’re a successful blogger with a strong following, so you’ve got your niche down to a T. You know what your audience love, and you create great content that caters to their interests.
Your blog is an authority in your niche, trusted and respected by your readers.
Consequently, when it comes to choosing your dropshipping products, you’ll have a good idea of what will be popular with your prospective customers.
Combine niche knowledge with in-depth consumer research and you’ll have a good sense of what will be profitable.
- There are a number of drop shipping sites available, such as AliExpress and DHGate. Shop around to find the best deals (and the best products), and only use trusted dropshipping sites to avoid scams. Check the site’s rating on Trustpilot before committing.
- Once you’ve identified your products, compare them to the best-selling products from other retailers in your niche. This focuses your search by confirming which products actually sell, reliably guiding your product selection.
- Finally, make sure your products fulfill a need. Identifying their purpose for your customers makes your products attractive, and shapes your marketing strategies further down the line.
Looking at the example of Bali Babe, it’s easy to see the niche that these drop shipped products occupy, catering to people who aspire to a beach boho lifestyle and aesthetic.
Create a community to promote your brand
As a blogger with regular website traffic and a sizable audience, you’ve got a strong community behind you.
Your readers return to your blog time and again for some more of the awesome strong content you create — so why not replicate this community on Facebook?
- You might already have a dedicated Facebook group for your blog, a place where you can share updates and your audience can connect and discuss industry topics. But if you haven’t yet got your own Facebook group, now is the time to build one.
- Facebook is the perfect medium to bring your readers together. As well as strengthening your existing community, it lets you market your new dropshipping enterprise directly to your audience through Facebook ads.
- As well as using your Facebook community for promoting your new business, it provides you with a rich source of consumer insights. Use it to learn what your readers care about, using their pain points to inform your marketing strategy. Use a tool like Likealyzer to really get under the skin of your Facebook page.
- Facebook also helps with your drop shipping product idealization. Inviting your readers to contribute ideas and opinions on your business shapes it, helping you choose the products that you know will be profitable.
- Connect with micro-influencers in your niche to build your community. This aligns your business with popular figures in your niche, expanding your customer base and strengthening your brand.
There’s an influencer for everyone.
Case in point: the influencer Anzujaamu boasts 188K followers and occupies the Asian-inspired niche perfectly.
Influencers like her would be great for Asian-inspired blogs or dropshipping stores.
Use an influencer research tool to find social stars popular in your niche and reach out to them to collaborate.
It’s an easy win for finding and building your community on Facebook.
This is the best way to make money with Dropshipping – finding collaboration opportunities.
Use Facebook ads to target a new customer base
If you are serious and you really want to make money with Shopify, then use Facebook Ads.
Facebook ads are affordable, scalable, and effective.
They’re also highly versatile, offering carousels, canvas, and even video ads to push your business to prospective customers.
- Create Facebook ads that focus on your products — identify unique selling propositions aligned with your blog’s mission to create ads that pack a punch.
- Use the generic photos that drop shipping sites provide and take unique, high-quality photos of your products. This will require you to buy/test out and photograph all your products at this stage, but it makes all the difference.
- Remember, you’re not just marketing to your existing customer base. You’re reaching a whole new market, so it’s important that you tailor your ads accordingly. Don’t assume that people are familiar with your brand, and give people a reason to click and find out more (enticing wording, offers, etc).
- Go back to your blog’s unique selling proposition. This is what sets you apart from the crowd, and it’s what will drive new customers to you from your Facebook ads.
- And because you already have existing data analytics from your blog, you can quickly and effectively target your ads to reach a whole new audience beyond your current readership using custom audiences.
Integrate dropshipping into your blog
Once you’ve selected the products you wish to dropship, it’s time to select a sales channel that integrates with your blog.
- If you’re a seasoned WordPress blogger, you’ll likely look to third-party plugins for a solution. Many dropshipping sites offer dedicated extensions. AliExpress for examples has its own WordPress plugin, AliDropship. For a one-time fee, bloggers can source products from AliExpress and sell them directly on their WordPress blog. It’s easy to install too so even those who find coding impregnable can enjoy its benefits.
- But the problem with these types of plugins is scalability. The reason you’re probably reading this article is that you want to grow your blogging business into something bigger. Using an eCommerce store plugin such as Shopify or Woo-commerce gives you the scope to expand your flourishing business beyond dropshipping. Of course, building a store from scratch can be time-consuming, and part of dropshipping’s allure lies in its ease of access. Instead of building an online store from scratch, a quick shortcut is buying a business with a pre-made store and marketing infrastructure — a viable choice for anyone struggling to get their dropshipping business off the ground.
- Think about how you can save on marketing costs by integrating your email, social media, and content campaigns across your blog and dropshipping store. Seasonal giveaways, product reviews, and vlogs are just some of the ways to integrate your blogging prowess with pushing products. It might seem like an uphill battle right now, but cast back to the first days of your blog and how much work it was to build up a following. Look around for other successful dropshipping blogpreneurs who have made the leap between blog and business for content ideas.
It gives you the option to go beyond dropshipping further down the line, expanding your business as your success (and business confidence) grows.
Beyond dropshipping: what next?
Solely relying on dropshipping as a revenue stream, while easy and profitable, isn’t always viable in the long-term.
As a small enterprise, you will find yourself in price wars with your competitors, all vying to offer the lowest price on the market.
And as your side hustle grows, you might find yourself yearning for a bigger piece of the pie.
Consequently, you should start thinking about diversifying your offering further. What can you offer your followers that no-one else can?
Take a look at your blog: why do people return to your blog time and again? Is there a way you can monetize your niche by creating a new product or service?
For example, let’s say you’re a dog blogger specializing in Golden Retrievers.
Why not create an online course teaching new owners how to train their new puppy?
Alternatively, if you’re a mummy blogger, you could reach out to an apparel print company and create a line of branded baby clothing.
The possibilities are endless if you really want to make money with dropshipping. Just think outside the box and come up with great ideas.
Don’t neglect your dropshipping though.
It still provides you with valuable income, and you can use it to market test potential products before sinking capital into it.
Dropshipping and Facebook is a strong combination that bloggers can jump on to make real money.
Follow the tips above to create a dropshipping sideline powered by Facebook that will generate you revenue for time to come.
More tips to make money with dropshipping:
Ecommerce Stores are easy to set up but hard to Sell (How to Promote)
7 Reasons You Need To Start A Shopify Store Today
Improving the usability of your eCommerce store to increase sells
If you enjoyed our blog we would like to have you join our email list and receive weekly money-making tips, you can join now! Don’t forget to like the Facebook page. The page is created to share your work, pitch your services and learn from other experienced bloggers!
***We would like to note that this post and most posts on our blog may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something that has an affiliate link, we will get a commission from it. Not all items recommended on our site are affiliate links. We only recommend items that we have used and tried. These items have brought us much success and we highly recommend them to you in order to be successful. Thank you for your trust!