We are already in December and most of us are actively shopping and trying to get things wrapped up before it really gets crazy! I have not even started shopping yet (yes, last minute shopper here!). I decided to write about how you as a blogger can increase sales during the holiday season. Did you know that almost 60% of people shop during Cyber Monday and Black Friday? And they will continue to shop throughout the holiday season. How can you as a small business capitalize on this? By now you should have been prepared, if not it is not too late. Before we get started, don’t forget to sign up for your chance to win monthly giveaways with us on the blog.
Now that you are all signed up and ready for your end of month gift, back to how you can increase sales during the Holiday season. I think this time of the year is perfect for many small businesses to take advantage of increasing sales as much as possible. That is why we came up with 5 amazing strategies you can use to increase your sales this holiday season.
5 Ways to increase sales during the Holiday Season
- Focus on your email marketing – We are so big on email building that we created several blogs to outline exactly why it is important to have a great email list including creating an e-guide to getting your next 1000 subscribers. This is the perfect time to really use that list and maximize your efforts to make money. Email is one of the most effective and direct ways for letting your clients know about your holiday sales and announcements. It is not too late to start collecting emails if you have not yet started. I got 15 sign ups just today and 2% of that 15 could turn into potential buyers. Act quickly and make a plan to start collecting more emails in the next 24-48 hours.
- Create a holiday promotional campaign – If you are a small business, then you should be on social media promoting your work. Make sure you have a couple of posts that you can use to promote during the holidays that highlight your specials and most recommended items. Use holiday themes on your images, blogs, and promo materials in order to blend with the season and entice shoppers. Shoppers really love a good deal on products and services, make sure you are offering bundles and deals whenever you can. Boost your Facebook ads, Pinterest ads, and Instagram to reach more people. Keep in mind that you will get more results with your email list but do not neglect social media.
- Ensure your website is mobile friendly – You should know this already, but they are still a few bloggers out there that do not have mobile friendly websites. Almost 30% of online shoppers use their phones to browse and shop. If your website is not optimized for mobile responses, you are loosing out my friend! Fix this as soon as possible. If you really want to increase sales during the holiday season, get your website mobile friendly as soon as possible.
- Offer discounted shipping during this season – Do you offer physical products to your clients? Consider offering free or discounted shipping to increase sales during the holiday season. This could increase your bottom line tremendously. Email or call your shipping providers and ask if they can do anything for you in terms of rates. Worst case scenario, try to include shipping as part of your bundle. If you are able to get FREE shipping, be sure to mention this and highlight it.
- Offer bundle deals – We already mentioned this, but consider partnering up with fellow vendors and offering bundle deals and specials to your clients. How can this benefit you? Let’s say I decide to partner with 3 awesome female entrepreneurs (ideally in your niche but not competitive), and we each have one product we would like to add to the combo. The total value of that combo package is $500.00 and we decide to give it a 15% percent discount. Go ahead and create graphics for this combo that each of the 3 partners will promote on their social media platforms and email their subscribers. This alone will ensure that I reach other clients that I did not already have. If as partner A, I have 1000 email subscribers and 3000 combined social media followers, partner B has 3000 email subscribers and 10,000 combined social media followers and partner C has 10,000 email subscribers and 20,000 combined social media followers. Then I have just made contact with over 14000 email subscribers and 30000 combined social followers that I did not have. Do I see more money here??
One last comment, don’t forget to wish your followers and subscribers a happy holiday! It is the holidays after all! That’s all we have for you today, now go ahead and increase your holiday sales.
Here is my holiday post that is doing extremely well: The perfect gift guide for that awesome girl Boss entrepreneur
If you enjoyed our blog we would like to have you join our email list and receive weekly money-making tips, you can join now! Don’t forget to join our Private Facebook page. The page is created to share your work, pitch your services and learn from other experienced bloggers!
***We would like to note that this post and most posts on our blog may contain affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something that has an affiliate link, we will get a commission from it. Not all items recommended on our site are affiliate links. We only recommend items that we have used and tried. These items have brought us much success and we highly recommend them to you in order to be successful. Thank you for your trust!
Last Updated on